Re: Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Christopher Stone wrote:
2008/5/21 Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 08:46 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
It would probably get more visibility in the CommonBugs wiki page.
When is the front page link going to switch over to f9 common bugs?
Done.

Okay, how about some short text like:

The version of the X server shipped with Fedora 9 comes with a new ABI
which is not yet compatible with some third party binary drivers such
as nVidia.

Then we could add some links for more information, I thought the ones
drago posted were good:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1653299&postcount=9
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1656695&postcount=54
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1659061&postcount=3

If this sounds good to everyone, I'll add it.

Including the actual version number of the X that fedora is shipping would add a touch of honesty about the situation even if you prefer to leave out the 'pre-release' designation.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx