Re: Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

Les how about instead of point out all the faillings of the Fedora
project every other email.. try and do some work.

If you spent half of
your energy you spent on making everyone look like idiots, misfits,
and failures.. you could have sponsored and worked on some of those
packages you are griping about.

The packages I want to install aren't missing from fedora because of a lack of packagers and I don't particularly want them in a fedora-maintained and policy-restricted repository. For the java-1.5.0-sun-compat package that makes a good example, there was a time when I'd find the instructions to set up yum for a current fedora here http://www.jpackage.org/yum.php. A working file probably still exists somewhere.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx