Re: old redhat rpms list/mirrors

Patrice Dumas wrote:
Hello,

To have proper versionned obsolete while allowing for upgrade paths from
very old redhat distro, sometime I need the list of the packages in
pre-fedora era, to find the latest version. I have browsed through the
net, but haven't found that (or a mirror still mirroring old releases).
Are you aware of such resource? Ideally it would date back to redhat 5,
I don't think older releases are worth it.

This is not only a theoretical issue, since having obsoletes for old
fedora/redhat releases may help for upgrades from RHEL versions to
fedora (I know it is not supported, but it would help packagers trying to have it work).

--
Pat

Theoretically, they should be available at ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/