Re: F9 and KVM

Gerry Reno wrote:
Now, how can I set the correct context for where I need to store my images? I have several vm image directories on different filesystems so that the vm's are not competing for the same drive all the time. Is just doing a 'chcon -t virt_image_t ./imagedir' enough to set the context of the images directories?
Yes, this works. I just did this to my old vmdk file and directory and now it runs.

Also, one last problem is that neither network service nor NetworkManager seem to be able to get a dhcp connection to the lan in the guest. I selected shared network using br0(eth0) during image creation but all I get in the guest is network unreachable. Is there some trick you need to do in the guest?
I'm still stuck with this guest networking problem. I have br0 defined on the host with a static IP on the lan. I have eth0 on the host that points to the bridge br0. When I created the vm I selected shared network br0(eth0). In the guest I have ifcfg-eth0 that has: BOOTPROTO=dhcp. But when you do ifup eth0 it just sits there trying to determine IP and eventually it pings 192.168.122.1 which to me looks like it thinks its in a NAT environment rather than bridged networking.

Regards,
Gerry

It would help if You did "ifconfig" and "brctl show" on the host PC while guest is running and posted it here. That way we could find out what's happening.

BTW: Is eth0 on host configured via DHCPD or static?