Re: F9 and KVM

Mark Bidewell wrote:
I'm still stuck with this guest networking problem.  I have br0 defined
on the host with a static IP on the lan.  I have eth0 on the host that
points to the bridge br0.  When I created the vm I selected shared
network br0(eth0).  In the guest I have ifcfg-eth0 that has:
BOOTPROTO=dhcp.
But when you do ifup eth0 it just sits there trying to determine IP and
eventually it pings 192.168.122.1 which to me looks like it thinks its
in a NAT environment rather than bridged networking.

Regards,
Gerry

have you looked here?

http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/Networking

Mark Bidewell

Yes, but that is for doing everything from the command line.  I was expecting that virt-manager was setting all that up.  I mean I see vnet0 and vnet1 for my VM's on the host.  This has all been created by virt-manager and virsh define.  I didn't set any of that up manually except for setting up the host bridge br0.  So how much of this networking setup is virt-manager actually doing if not all of it?  The picture with virt-manager and networking is not exactly clear.

Regards,
Gerry