Re: F9 nfs, rpcbind, NetworkManager

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Gerry Reno (greno@xxxxxxxxxxx) said:
hang. How do I get the network started early enough in the boot with this NetworkManager in the picture?
for service in messagebus haldaemon NetworkManager ; do
	chkconfig $service resetpriorities
done
Thanks Bill. I did this and I see that in 2 3 4 5 it goes from K90 network to S10 network.

No, you need to reset the priorities of NetworkManager, et. al., not network.
Where is NetworkManager starting?

Somehow the network service and the NetworkManager service get in conflict. How to fix this?

That depends on your configuration. What do your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* files look like?

Bill

The whole /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory looks like this:
ifcfg-eth0 ifdown-ippp ifdown-ppp ifup ifup-ipsec ifup-plusb ifup-sl network-functions ifcfg-lo ifdown-ipsec ifdown-routes ifup-aliases ifup-ipv6 ifup-post ifup-tunnel network-functions-ipv6
ifdown ifdown-ipv6 ifdown-sit ifup-bnep ifup-ipx ifup-ppp ifup-wireless
ifdown-bnep ifdown-isdn ifdown-sl ifup-eth ifup-isdn ifup-routes init.ipv6-global ifdown-eth ifdown-post ifdown-tunnel ifup-ippp ifup-plip ifup-sit net.hotplug

Here is my ifcfg-eth0:
# Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
HWADDR=00:1a:4d:5e:f6:36
IPADDR=192.168.1.15
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
ONBOOT=yes
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
TYPE=Ethernet

as a side-note: I don't know why this NetworkManager keeps setting BOOTPROTO=none, I keep resetting it to BOOTPROTO=static but the NetworkManager always overwrites this.

Right now NetworkManager is set at S99 in 2 3 4 5. In it's file it has: # chkconfig - 27 73

And how do I undo the messagebus haldaemon NetworkManager resetpriorities thing if that isn't what's needed?

Regards,
Gerry