Re: F9 nfs, rpcbind, NetworkManager

Gerry Reno wrote:
On the machines I put all my nfs mounting into rc.local so that nfs mounts are available at login. With F9 I notice that all the nfs mount requests in rc.local die with 'mount.nfs: internal error'. When I look at the log during the bootup sequence I see that rpcbind says that it cannot access the machines IP. Right after that NetworkManager starts. And shortly after that rc.local runs. Somehow this sequence is causing problems for mounting nfs directories. Once I get logged in, I can run the mount commands manually and they succeed but the same commands fail from rc.local.

Regards,
Gerry

I found that the network is not being started until NetworkManager runs. This is way late in the boot sequence. If I have the network start normally by 'chkconfig network on' and reboot then I see the network start early in the sequence with NetworkManager at the end of the sequence and all the nfs mounts succeed but by the time I get logged in there is no network connection (the little net icon at the top has an X) and the mounts hang. How do I get the network started early enough in the boot with this NetworkManager in the picture?

Regards,
Gerry