Bodhi documentation for new packages

[Please, Cc me replies, thanks.]

The directions for joining Fedora as a package maintainer[1] are really great. Unfortunately, they trail off at the end when it comes to important tasks of making the package live using the Bodhi system, section "Request updates to released Fedoras for your new package". I ran into this roadblock last month, and it hasn't improved since.

As a new maintainer, I know very little about the updates infrastructure of Fedora, which I predict is assumed knowledge about using Bodhi. This is probably unfair to new maintainers. Here's my proposal for what this section should say. It is also what I did, so I'm sure it needs correction, and let me know so I can get my new package (gnue-common) live. Thanks for Fedora, /a

-- BEGIN --

The first field asks for the name of the "Package". This will feature a name completion system, but is currently broken. It uses the tag used in Fedora CVS and the Koji build system, e.g. <package-name>-<version>-<release>.fc9.

For new packages, choose "enhancement" as the "type" of update.

Keep the "Request" as "testing".

There are no bugs that are related to any new package, so leave the "Bugs" field blank.

For new packages, add a copy of the package's description in the "Notes" section so end users will know what it is.[2]

-- END --

1. <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join>

2. Taken from "Bodhi workflow and Q&A", <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UpdatesSystem/Bodhi-info-DRAFT>.