Re: F9 installation screenshot

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 21:37 +0200, Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> This won't be easy or cheap (in kb) to localize if we have to have a
> collection of screenshots for each language supported by anaconda.
> Maybe the text could be overlayed or painted above a common image
> (keeping also in mind RTL languages).

I think this is where SVG starts looking good. Is there any
infrastructure available to localize SVG? A gettext kind of thing, only
store the diff between languages? And SVG itself is potentially much
smaller than a bitmap.

We could just disable the slideshow entirely for languages we haven't
translated it to. Another idea is to enable it only if a network is
available. Stream the slideshow content off a Fedora server...

Maybe embed a "slide" into each RPM itself. The slideshow would then
automagically adapt itself to what you're actually installing... We're
already wanting a pretty per-package icon to display in GUI tools, this
would be an extension of that idea...