Re: packages without internet source in fedora

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 05:02:43PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> Then how about a recommendation for abandoned upstreams to contact the
> maintainers of this package in other distros. A SHOULD, not a MUST.

I agree (and my text is completly full of shoulds), but I think that we
should also, as a project, help creating conditions that lower the
'cost' of contacting other project maintainers, for example by
negotiating communication channels with other distros. Maybe it could be
through the distributions list, or maybe there could be a contact in
fedora or something like that.

--
Pat