Re: Proposal: stop configuring soundcards through /etc/modprobe.conf

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Hans de Goede (j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx) said:
Right, this is already done in rawhide - there is nothing that automatically
touches soundcards.
Ah, good, someone might want to inform Martin Stransky (the system-config-soundcard maintainer ) about this though, as I discussed this with him in bugzilla and he didn't seem to know this.

* Tue Jan 22 2008 Bill Nottingham <notting@xxxxxxxxxx> 1.2.83-1
- don't configure sound cards

So the configure code was in 2 places kudzu and s-c-s? I though that firstboot called s-c-s?

Anyways if its gone now thats good, but someone should tell Martin Stransky about this (I jsut did through the BZ ticket involved).

Regards,

Hans