Re: pulseaudio causing crashing of applications

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 04:12:39PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
...in all cases but I have a hard time imagining a case where I'd want access cut off to an existing, running session just because someone else might want to check their email on a different account and they do it from a VT instead of Xnest.

It has been said before. Imagine if someone left a mic snooping program running on Session #1 while Session #2 came along and started talking on the phone? This kind of thing should be prevented BY DEFAULT.

Imagine if session #1 is already on an emergency phone call while someone switches VT's and they get cut off. That kind of thing should never happen. Give the existing session exclusive access and don't worry about what some other session might try.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx