Re: Firefox and Epiphany crash after today's updates

On 01/31/2008 01:54 PM, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
How are we supposed to report bugs then?

- They aren't the upstream-"supported" binaries

There are no upstream supported binaries.

- We don't know what CVS revision went into them

CVS has no concept of a repository wide revision. So it's impossible to tell anyway. The date of the snapshot is generally good enough. Even upstream, people file bugs as "on trunk from yesterday" etc.

- We have no clue on Fedora-specific configuration/tweaking

There really isn't much tweaking. This is intentional. The big "tweaks" are pref tweaks and using system libaries of e.g. nspr, nss, libjpeg, libpng, etc. instead of building a static copy into the binaries, but these should in general be irrelevant to 99% of bugs filed. Also the other big thing is we're using FF-as-a-XULRunner app which upstream is excited about, and wants feedback on, but should not have any different behavior.

Bottmon line: if anyone complains about you filing a bug on Fedora builds, let me know. Because they shouldn't. It's no different from any of the major contributors of FF doing self builds of Firefox themselves and reporting bugs.