Re: long term support release

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

I wouldn't choose Linux to control a spacecraft or a nuclear power
plant, but I didn't hesitate to chose Linux to control robots in a lab,
nor do I hesitate to chose Fedora to host "my personal mission's"
mission-critical data" ;)
That's just you.  Some people[1] think it's okay to let Linux control a
spacecraft[2].

[1] http://www.nasa.gov
[2] http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5714800202.html

More than just NASA... a good many satellites from many countries (JP
and I think 1 or 2 Euro countries) and some of the planned rovers use
linux. Though none of them have been COTS as these articles say.

There are plenty of heavy duty jobs on Linux these days - Avaya phone switches, F5's BigIP load balancers, etc. would be mission critical in a lot of places. But I don't think they use the fedora updates... And I doubt if they want linux to be "interesting".

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx