Re: F9 Alpha spinning

Horst H. von Brand <vonbrand <at> inf.utfsm.cl> writes:
> > Well, your arguments are pretty unconvincing, and apply to a lot of
> > application-library relationships, still usually library users won't fork a
> > library just for that, or when they do, Fedora won't ship their fork.
>
> AFAIU this is an /upstream/ decision, not a Fedora one.

It is an upstream decision to ship that fuse-lite fork in the tarball and to
support it. It is a Fedora decision to actually use this fork rather than
using --with-fuse=external. (In many cases, we even _patch_ upstream projects
to use system libraries where they don't support it at all, in this case, it
would just be a configure option.) I'm complaining about both.

        Kevin Kofler