Re: Requesting feedback for unaccepted Fedora features

Chuck Anderson said the following on 01/23/2008 06:00 PM Pacific Time:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 03:49:21PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
In addition, the following features are targeted for Fedora 9 in their writeup, but are not in CategoryProposedFedora9. If you have no intention of completing them for Fedora 9, please remove Fedora 9 as the targeted release so that there is no confusion that it will not be in Fedora 9. These features will never be raised for acceptance by FESCo.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureXULRunner
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewGdm

So what happens if these never get officially "accepted" as Fedora 9 features? Do we rip out XULRunner and back down to the old GDM? Who is going to enforce that?

NOTHING. They stay there indefinitely. The important distinction here is that these features are in *CategoryProposedFeature*--which means they are NOT being proposed for acceptance for a release.

I have been raising them here to bring attention to them because some people have not followed the complete process described here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy and had thought their feature was on the radar for acceptance to Fedora 9.

For the Fedora 10 development process I will not send out these notifications as hopefully by then we will all understand the process :)

John