Re: InstantMirror needs a rethink

Warren Togami wrote:
Douglas McClendon wrote:

When I was playing around with squid, what seemed to bite me was that I couldn't do an http kickstart install, because I didn't see any way to get anaconda to use an http proxy configuration. I asked on either the anaconda or kickstart list, and never got an answer. I'm just wondering if anaconda could easily (does it already?) input an http proxy config to use, that would solve my needs just using the simplest squid config.

-dmc

You are thinking squid proxy server. I am talking reverse proxy or "accelerator" mode. Read up. =)

I thought I was being clear, I guess you didn't understand me. I understand the difference. My point was that perhaps a big part of your problem space disappears if a squid proxy server can solve that portion of the problem space.

I understand the desire to make the mirror server require even less configuration on the client. But for my problem, adding the proxy config required for a non-reverse squid proxy was not a big impact.

-dmc