Re: Headsup: new (soname changing) glew headed for devel

Hi All,

Ok the new glew is in the devel repo and devel buildroot now, so fire of your rebuilds!

Regards,

Hans

Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi All,

I've prepared a new glew release (1.5.0) to push to rawhide, nothing special really just a bugfix release, but still upstream decided to bump the version from 1.5.0 to 1.4.0 and even though there is no ABI breakage, thus change the soname from libGLEW.so.1.4 to libGLEW.so.1.5 causing explicit ABI breakage :(

I've considered patching things to keep the soname the same, but that would be too ugly. Anyways since nothing special has changed, a simple rebuild should suffice to fix all soname breakage.

The following packages are affected (note I ran the query against F-8, for some reason it returns an empty list against devel)
sdljava-0:0.9.1-5.fc8.x86_64
openmsx-0:0.6.3-1.fc8.x86_64
amanith-0:0.3-5.fc8.x86_64
raydium-0:1.2-4.fc8.x86_64
TnL-0:070909-2.fc8.x86_64
enblend-0:3.0-6.fc8.x86_64

And I know the following 2 are using it too in devel:
ogre-1.4.6-2.fc9.x86_64
scorched3d-41.2-1.fc9.x86_64

I myself will be taking care of rebuilding:
sdljava-0:0.9.1-5.fc8.x86_64
raydium-0:1.2-4.fc8.x86_64
TnL-0:070909-2.fc8.x86_64
ogre-1.4.6-2.fc9.x86_64
scorched3d-41.2-1.fc9.x86_64

Note that due to the alpha release we're about todo I'll postpone the actual building of the new glew till tomorrow.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans