Re: Heads up: openldap rebase for Fedora/devel

Jan Safranek wrote:
I'd like to update openldap in devel to the new version. Many packages depend on openldap, so I will provide compat-openldap package, which will provide 2.3.x libraries and no recompilation of any component would be required.

I'd like to to ask all maintainers of components, which depend on openldap (see appendix), to test following simple cases:

1. the component works with compat-openldap, which provides 'old' 2.3.x
libraries

I did not get any overwhelming response, actually only Terje Rosten responded that he tested his packages (thanks!). I internally tried to recompile all packages depending on openldap:

- most of the packages compiled OK
- callweaver, cyrus-sasl, kdesvn and subcommander were not compilable because of other changes in rawhide (bugs filled) - only wine did not compile because two functions were renamed in new openldap (again, bug filled)

So I decided to release the openldap on Monday (2007-12-05), without any compat- package. I will explicitly send email to every maintainer of dependent package when the compilation finishes and new opendlap is in buildroot.

Jan