Re: Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

Panu Matilainen wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Panu Matilainen wrote:

The ugly part is that it makes parsing harder as you have to account for the possibility of epoch being or not being there always, but OTOH you can always pick your own queryformat if you don't want to deal with it.

Can't you unconditionally have a epoch number listed all the time? 0 if there is no epoch for that package.

Obviously you CAN, but do you REALLY want to?

Personally, yes. I would like to see epoch listed always so that we get a consistent format for other scripts to parse.

Rahul