Re: F8 is getting *really* sysadmin-hostile

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Thursday 15 November 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:
Ville Skyttä wrote:
It's not only the IP.  There are DNS servers, gateways, WINS servers, NTP
servers and whatnot that can be conveniently managed in one place on the
DHCP server.
And routes, which DHCP can't handle, other than the default.

I'm not sure if I parse the above sentence correctly, but isn't that what the static-routes DHCP option is for (man dhcp-options)? I don't use it currently, but IIRC I did in the past.

And in man dhcp-options you find:
 "...this option is virtually useless, and is not implemented by any
  of the popular DHCP clients, for example the Microsoft DHCP client."

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx