Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-NOV-12

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2007-nov-12

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Schedule Review ==
 * http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f9/f9-tasks-overview.html
 * Make sure no collisions with holidays
 * Next proposed FUDCon: January 11-13, 2008, at Red Hat HQ in Raleigh
    * http://gregdek.livejournal.com/17724.html
 * Need to have other teams review: FESCo, Docs, translation team, QA
 * Change Alpha Freeze to Jan. 15, Alpha release Jan. 24

== F9 Tasks & Targets ==
 * Fill out Trac tickets for things that need to get done
   * https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/rel-eng/
* Python scripts that can take email as input and create Trac tickets from them
   * use ''rel-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'' as Trac input.
DECISIONS:
  * continue move to Trac for task management
  * work toward turning rel-eng@xxxx into a Trac ticket gateway
* create an invite only or otherwise moderated mailing list for rel-eng discussion/voting

== Ideas for Goals for F9 Release ==
* brainstorm before next week's meeting to figure out what we want to do for this release outside the typical make bits show up stuff
    * send preferably by Friday so we can digest it over the weekend.
  * wwoods: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Overview
  * notting
    * signing server
* potentially the big multilib change--i need to get some stuff written down for that
    * kill the buildroot overrides stuff
  * wwoods
    * bodhi depchecking!
    * PPC as the trailblazer secondary arch
  * f13
    * signing server
    * complete the s/development/rawhide/ changes.
    * post-build processing--running rpmlint and other such things.
    * jigdo support
* dealing with rawhide late in the cycle so that we have two nightly trees
    * composes in Colo for F9
  * warren
    * delta rpm and presto by default
 * jeremy
    * less involvement
    * need help spinning live images

== Fedora CD Releases ==
  * The board has asked that we produce split CD media once again.
* Release Engineering has not fully agreed, though have it would be possible
  * really just a matter of time and space, yes?
  * warren: can't upgrade with live images.
  * would increase number of test targets
  * affects on Release Engineering are more of the following:
    * compose time
    * validation time
    * sync time
    * disc space used

== Meeting Time ==
* Going forward (starting with next week) we will meet at 1800 UTC (1300 EST)

== Fedora 8 Jigdo Data from Fedora Unity ==
 * 600 downloads of the .jigdo file
 * 400 downloads of the CD1 template
* thus so 200 or so users did not know where to get started with jigdo or did not start yet.
    * thought to be useful to people that cannot do network installs
* if we can look at what packages are on what CD and what CD other than 1 is most popular that might make for some interesting analysis

== IRC Transcript ==