Re: KDE logout options with F8

Frank Schmitt wrote:
Yeah, we understood. KDE users are second class citizens in Fedora. Bye.

I'm more complaining about the (upstream) developers than the users. We obviously care about the users because we're doing the workaround for them.

What if KNM isn't ready for F9? Do we still hold back on moving GNOME forward because we don't have a KDE version working? How long do we have to wait for KDE development to catch up?

Yes, I understand more time would have been nice for F8. But it would have also been nice if the upstream KNM maintainer would have comitted his code to SVN sooner instead of sitting on it. That prevented testing in Fedora sooner, and prevented bug fixes getting back to him.

If people want a good experience for KDE all around, then we could use some development work. Join the KDE SIG. Help make sure that upstream developers get their code released publicly. Contribute fixes and code. Because if we don't have enough people doing that, Fedora KDE will suffer. It just so happens that nobody bothered to do the work in time.