Re: KDE logout options with F8

Rex Dieter wrote:
Christopher Aillon wrote:

See the work that William Jon Mcann is doing upstream right now to help
get to the goal of a more generic login manager.  However, because we
aren't aiming to be bug for bug compatible with KDM (we're not even
aiming to be bug for bug compat with GDM), the KDM upstream guys are not
interested in participating.  Maybe instead of fighting within Fedora,
we can redirect the discussion to convince the KDM guys that this is a
good idea.

Any references, pointers, mailing lists for the aforementioned work would be
appreciated.

I don't know precisely where, I'm only aware of it happening. I believe that there's some code checked into gdm HEAD right now. That might be a good starting point. mclasen or halfline probably know more about this.

fwiw, kde's kdm mainainer can be a bit... um... stubborn, but I'm certain
his heart is in the right place.  I'll do what I can to push, pull, nudge
things in the right direction.

Cool, I think all parties involved would be grateful.