Re: Mass Branching for F-8 (round 2)

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 10:04:39PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
The branching is done.  CVS commits have been re-enabled.  If your
package is missing an F-8 branch please mail rel-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and we'll look into it.

Well the pkgdb part of this seems to have gone wrong for *all* the
lvm-team-owned projects, unfortunately.

Specifically, the Fedora 7 permissions were not copied across to the
new Fedora 8 correctly:

Yep. This is because when the ownership data was imported there were people who still hadn't signed up for cvsextras like they were supposed to. Since then, I've plugged holes in the pkgdb checks that keep people who haven't signed up for cvsextras from getting acls where they aren't supposed to which led to some packages having errors in this round of mass branching. My apologies, I should have stripped those people out of the data on initial import instead of assuming they were just being slow to finish the merge process.

To fix your particular problem, you need to decide what to do about the following lvm team members:

mauelsha Heinz Mauelshagen -- !!Very important!! Needs to have cla_done and cvsextras before he can be allowed to commit.

These people only need cvsextras
sct Stephen Tweedie
dwysocha Dave Wysochanski

Once you get these people sign up for the right accounts I can rebranch lvm2, device-mapper, device-mapper-multipath, and dmraid in the pkgdb and the acls will duplicate what's in devel.

Alternately, you can have me remove those people from the acls for these packages and I can then rebranch the permissions at that point.

-Toshio