Re: Request for Comments: Proposed changes to Fedora development cycle

On 10/16/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:
> If that is how people here think about maintainers, or worse what they expect
> of maintainers I think I need to look for another community to start
> contributing too.

I think its best to think of the release-eng and maintainers
relationship as somewhat analogous to editors and writers for a brick
and mortar periodical.  It's not a perfect analogy, but i think it
captures the inherent conflict of priorities which don't require the
existence of ill-will or malice felt by one group for the other.

-jef"would release-eng feel more cuddly if we re-branded it as a SIG?"spaleta