Re: CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Mike McGrath said the following on 10/10/2007 08:46 PM Pacific Time:
John Reiser wrote:
So the real question is what do we 'suggest' our default install be?

1) Live CD: Can't upgrade, do package selection or specify install method.

Why can't a system that is installed from the Live CD be upgraded?
What would it take to make such an installation upgradeable?
I believe it is reasonable if the upgrade is possible, even if it
requires a separate step after initial installation from Live CD.
[Specifying install method and package selection is a natural for the
Rescue CD; see #3 below.]

Because the live cd install does an image copy and not an install. The workings behind the scenes are not the same right now in anaconda for the live cd and the normal install.

Another interesting side affect is that there is no package list in the anaconda-ks.cfg that gets created in /root.

John