Re: Root login in rawhide and display managers

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le jeudi 20 septembre 2007 à 21:21 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
We were talking about whether RHEL plays a different role from Fedora and whether there are significant technical differences in between them. I have given examples of the differences and the impact on the roles they play.

You have given differences on the support model; they do not have to
translate in user interaction differences. Fedora does not aim to be the
anti-RHEL, there is significant feature overlap or Red Hat would not be
funding Fedora, so can we please stop using the RHEL scarecrow argument?

ABI compatibility is not merely differences in support and definitely does affect user interaction depending on the applications. I agree with you however that Fedora does have overlap with RHEL and it is not anti anything. You seem to be reading things I haven't said.

Rahul