Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Yes, it had been a closed list and maintainers did get automatically
subscribed to it - The FESCO of the time this was decided, this approach
wise - I never did - But THEM decided otherwise.

So essentially you're agreeing that the way -maintainers was handled/set up by the old FESCo was wrong. Which is basically what the current FESCo decided. We can go on for days discussing various ways to fix it, but we decided that since it was broken, removing the broken bit was the best course of action for now since it provided a disservice to many people as evidenced by the complaints on the various lists about it by the very people who IMO we were trying to target. If you have a better solution for lists to actually serve the needs of the community, please propose it to FESCo.