Re: status of initscript conversions to lsb standard

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Matthias Saou wrote:
Bill Nottingham wrote :
Matthias Saou said:
- "Default-Start:" and "Default-Stop: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6"?

I'd do this.

I don't really care about what syntax we decide to use (as long as it's
doing what's expected, which is here to have the service disabled by
default), but we should decide on one single syntax and document it in
the guidelines for the sake of consistency, especially since we're
going to be going through all the distro's init scripts... I'd
personally appreciate having to do that only once :-)

I concur. I hope no one was expecting this to happen for F8; that seems pretty unlikely due to the sudden nature of it, the absence of implementation details, and general lack of follow-up. Seems like it could fairly easily make F9, though (assuming all the information gets hammered out soon).

     Jima