Re: Disabling atime

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Douglas McClendon wrote:

- oh, and did I forget to re-emphasize the laptop spin-up test...

Doesn't laptop mode & friends remount with noatime already?  It's at
least an option in those scripts...

I have no idea, that's why I was hoping someone would test it for me :)

Actually, I just looked at my rpm -qa and yum list available. Where did laptop mode go? (I did grep -i laptop)

If fedora already does remount with noatime by default on laptops in some fashion, that would seem to be a pretty strong argument in favor of making it default all the time, given any significant performance benefit. (and the fact that I haven't heard any convincing use-case of it that doesn't have a better workaround).

-dmc