Re: Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Les Mikesell wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

There's some mention of usability and robustness there that don't match my experience except around mid to late FC3 and FC6.

You can continue changing interfaces quite rapidly without affecting robustness. If there are problems with robustness file bug reports. Did you file any?

Robustness is something you can observe without knowledge of internals. Why something breaks is not particularly relevant.

Pretty much. So your real concern is not ABI but things not breaking. So if anything included in Fedora breaks report it. If it is not Fedora specific consider reporting upstream.

Can you - or someone - comment on whether you'd trust it with your working copy of something important?

I don't have firewire devices but if my data is important to me, I would consider doing automated backups. All my work is done in Fedora. So I do absolutely depend on it.

Rahul