Re: Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
* Les Mikesell [06/08/2007 20:14] :
The discussion I'd like to see is to what extent stability matters and whether users that need it should just look for some other distro that includes firefox 2.x (etc.) but isn't so aggressive with kernel changes?

IMHO, We'll only be able to have this discussion once people stop presenting
API/ABI changes as breakage. Once we've got that straw man out of the way,
we might be able to discuss this constructively.

Interfaces broken by mid-version updates are just as broken in fedora as they would be in RHEL and it's not any more a straw man for one distribution than another unless you are willing to say that one is only suitable for testing. If you want to say the changes are a good thing, then lets see them in RHEL too. But, if you want to put that aside for the moment, firewire will make a great example. Do you forsee a time when you would keep your own backups or valuable data on a firewire drive under fedora?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx