Re: FESCo elections

Brian Pepple wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 22:37 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 20:10 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 19:33 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
I do not maintain any packages, but participate in the Fedora.  Can I still run?

Not according to the policy.  I think the policy deserves to be examined
since FESCo is no longer strictly about packaging but about making all
technical decisions WRT Fedora.  I'm undecided whether it should be
updated this close to the election.  Does anyone else have thoughts on
this?
It's not too close to the elections to change this detail in this
direction.  Too close to restrict the pool of contenders, but not too
close to expand it.

+1 to FESCo candidates being anyone with an FAS account.

+1  to allowing more folks be eligible for FESCo, though I'm not sure if
anyone with a FAS account is the right criteria.

I think it's a good enough criteria. If there's somebody involved that doesn't have an account and wants to be elected, getting an account isn't a very high bar. If there's somebody *not* involved who wants to be elected, getting an account isn't going to change the fact that none of us recognize them. Sure, it's arbitrary, but it's not terrible.

--
  Peter