Re: The updates firehose

Pete Chown wrote:

The perfect solution, IMHO, would be two separate update streams. There would be a "recommended updates" stream for security patches and fixes for major bugs. Then there would be an "optional updates" stream for minor bugs, new upstream versions, that sort of thing. Then I could install all the recommended updates, but I could leave the optional updates unless I particularly needed the improved functionality.

Wouldn't the ability to filter updates based on classifications (security, bug fixes, enhancements etc) provide what you want instead of separate update streams? yum security plugin provides some of that already and extending it is what is planned afaik.

Rahul