Re: fedora-logos dependencies in F7

Hans K. Rosbach wrote:
Grub depends on fedora-logos that in turn
depends on gtk2-engines and pretty soon you
have pulled in most of the X libraries.

Thats an aweful lot to require for a boot menu,
and we didn't have this problem for FC4, FC5
and FC6 atleast. Hope this will be fixed atleast
in rawhide.

See the archives of this list. This has been discussed extensively.

Is there any reason for the logos package to
depend on gtk2-engines at all? Shouldn't it
be the other way around?

That doesn't make much sense to me. A engine isn't dependent on the theme. If the branding is removed from Grub then the dependencies can be avoided.

Rahul