Re: CDs from DVD with Pungi almost works

On 6/6/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Just make"?  How?  I need instructions, before I could do it and write the
detailed step-by-step instructions that other users would need.  Since the
people who need CDs to install F7 probably won't have F7 installed, the
instructions must work with only the DVD image.  Also the instructions
should tell them how to get the rest of the packages on the DVD if the
Internet is not available at the machine they're installing / upgrading.

I used pungi, of course. Just write yourself a config file for pungi,
based on the file in rpm package of pungi (no linux now so I can not
tell you where is exactly).

And create your manifest file (kickstart syntax) which decides
packages will be added into your build. Finally, run:

# pungi -c your_pungi_config_file

HTH,
--
http://vnoss.org