Re: updates, updates-testing and comps

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 01 June 2007 15:26:53 Hans de Goede wrote:
So lets say I put blobAndConquer, a new package which I've submitted
through bodhi today in comps-f7.xml.in, and that comps gets rebuild from
this. Then yes, people with updates-testing enabled will be able to install
it, but people without updates-testing enabled, will see it to and get an
error that it isn't available when trying to install it. Not very pretty if
you ask me.

No they wont. Yum is smart enough to not display a comps item if it isn't in the repos. That's how we get away with listing say ppc only packages in comps and people on !ppc don't see a package they can't install.

Ah, ok, and the same goes for pirut (I assume it uses yum)?

Regards,

Hans