Re: shiny desktop, anyone?

On 5/29/07, Kelly <lightsolphoenix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:25 am Trond Danielsen wrote:
> and the technical users that instantly switches
> to the Windows classic interface once they get the chance.

I'm a technical user, but I prefer to leave the Luna scheme on when using XP.
It just looks much better than Classic.

I know lots of windows power users and devels, any just one guy (and
he i extreme in any other regard) I know switched to "classic view".

I thought Beryl was fun for a while, and of course the spinning cube has
that "wow, cool" factor for a while, but I finally got fed up with the
combination of how slow it tended to run and how much CPU it was eating in
the background (which, incidentally, is also what drives me to turn Beagle
off).

I use beagle+deskbar all the time on multiple desktops and don't see
any cpu issues... maybe I'm just lucky? :)

ibm R52 laptop + fedora 6 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
HP nx7300 laptop + fedora 6 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
HP nx7300 laptop + fedora 7 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
noname desktop + opensuse 10.2 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
HP laptop of my girlfriend + linux mint (ubuntu feisty) + beagle = no cpu issues

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241