Re: mdraid and hpa upgrade issues

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"JW" == Jarod Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

JW> This link gives some data on how to use the setmax utility to nuke
JW> the hpa area on a drive[...]

Someone should try this and then (assuming it works) we need to get
setmax into extras ASAP.  I'll promise to review it quickly if someone
submits it.

Nah, not as necessary now, Jeremy hacked in support so you can pass the necessary libata module option at install time so we can happily ignore the hpa, and its working perfectly for me. It will need to be filed under 'known issues' in the wiki, if it isn't already...

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@xxxxxxxxxx