Re: F7 Zope package

David G. Mackay wrote:
On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 15:18 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

May as well trumpet "our release process is a joke" and "people who
follow it are morons afraid of a little flaming".

Think we're not creating a precedent now? Read the thread. Every past
compat package is used as an argument to ignore test releases and the
fact python 2.5 hit rawhide 10 months ago.

Do we want to be flamed every time there is a roadmap clash because
people feel it's easier to change ours than fix the problem upstream
(upstream, upstream, usptream, remember ?)

You seem to believe that the failure of Zope Corp to expend a major
effort that yields NO improvement to their product so that you can be
bothered to give their product away somehow makes a very useful package
undesirable.

Are you intimate enough with Python 2.5 and Zope to see that a port wouldn't yield any improvement at all? I think you are sidelining the discussions.

Rahul