Re: F7 Zope package

KK> I find it pretty sad that FESCo is vetoing packages which don't
KK> have licensing (including copyright/patent/trademark) or serious
KK> security issues.

The python maintainer insisted that this not happen, and FESCo (as a
body) agreed.

There is plenty of discussion at
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20070405
Search for "<tibbs> Sorry, we also need to consider the zope/plone
problem."

KK> If someone is willing to maintain such a package, why not let
KK> them?

Note that the Zope maintainer considered doing so and decided against
it.

And to respond to your later message:

KK> But what if Zope just forked Python, renamed their version to
KK> "Snake" and then "Snake" would be a new requirement for Zope.

Note that the zope maintainer considered doing just that but decided
against it.

 - J,