VNC development plan - discuss

Hi all,

I did thinking about next development on vnc bits. Fedora 7 has three vnc servers - GNOME's vino, KDE's krfb and headless Xvnc with module to X. I'm not sure that we really need three different vnc servers in distribution. krfb and vino are very simillar. Both of these export real display. I think we could try substitute this two servers by one - for example x11vnc (http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/). x11vnc has more features than actual "real desktop" servers. So two programs could be removed and one added => cost of maintaining and bugfixing could be lower. In next stage we could discuss about standardized RFB protocol library which could be used by all vnc servers in distro. In the end we could have one rfb library which will be used by all servers (and viewers), one real server, one virtual server and X module. What do you think about this idea?

Regards, Adam