Re: Fedora power management

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 at 9:14am, Jeremy Katz wrote

The default is for the driver to be suspended normally; SUSPEND_MODULES
is to list (broken) modules that have to be removed and reinserted
around the suspend process.

Is it considered a (fixable, bugzillable) bug if normal suspending works but has undesirable effects? Example -- on my Thinkpad Z61t, suspend and wake-up worked out of the box with FC6, but the power drain was impressive (I have the figures at home, but it was >50% battery of capacity overnight). Some experimenting demonstarted that removing the USB modules before going to sleep dropped the sleeping power consumption considerably, so I put those in SUSPEND_MODULES. I figured this was model specific so I didn't bugzilla it. Should I?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering