Re: Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Michael Wiktowy wrote:
On 1/31/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Current stats can be found at:

http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/stats

You can have your machine send its stats by installing smolt with yum
and typing "smoltSendProfile"

Is there any mechanism in place to prevent bogus profiles being submitted?
When this was said, I got the image of some company padding the submitted profiles, so they could then say, "Look the number of people using our hardware is > than the number of people using their hardware!" and then trying to leverage that to some effect. Crazy, but there are people that hire people to go and edit Wikipedia into their favor.

Brent