Re: F7 KDE spin

On 1/9/07, Kevin Kofler wrote:
I know. I was referring to Evolution alone drawing in most of GNOME as
dependencies. Now I personally don't have a problem with having to install
GNOME libraries (I install whatever (appropriately licensed) libraries programs
I want to use or even just try out require), but I'm not convinced Evolution is
a good reason to include them. (In fact, it seems to be the most hated default
app in Fedora judging from the comments on the mailing lists, some GNOME users
are looking for an alternative too, some even switched to Kontact or KMail.)

I'll back the idea for not including evolution in KDE spin.
Hmm having evolution on a kde spin isn't really a kde spin.
Kontact is already among core kde packages why should the heck be a
replacement for that ? at least evolution is being supplied on the
repositories.
As far are firefox and openoffice are concerned, I'm ok with them, but
not evolution.

example:
Kontact communicates very well with kwallet for password storage. Now
if we include evolution in the kde spin, should we be working to
provide such feature for evolution?

Chitlesh

--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com