Re: Fedora 7

Jesse Keating wrote:

You're still thinking in Fedora we want to alter the upstream to make it look like Gnome, or vice versa. When in reality, they should look like upstream.

Since we are talking about the menu, let me note that KDE does provide multiple choices and one of them is a good fit to make it match what you want from it. Picking a good defaults (which doesnt require intrusive patches) that integrates well within Fedora is our job. We cant punt that upstream.

We put a lot of effort into getting the upstream gnome to work the way we think it should, whereas KDE we don't have that kind of presence. We shouldn't be stomping on their software in our distribution, it should stick to upstream. That's WHY there is choice, as the KDE upstream doesn't necessarily agree with the GNOME upstream on how things should be done.

Agreed. It does happen on many occasions.

Rahul