Re: Fedora 7

David Zeuthen wrote:

Not sure what you had in mind (examples?) but it's not exactly true (which is an understatement) though of course relations between RH employees and non-RH employees wanting to help out too can be improved. We always tell people to help out upstream; the only patches we carry are for defaults really. It's just like the kernel, we tell Fedora people to hack on kernel.org kernels.

Fedora-desktop list is not getting much traffic. All of the desktop team plans usually happen in a internal list and is completely opaque till it hits the development tree. One of the problems with that is it wrongly appears that there is no desktop development work going on within Fedora.

Very few folks participate here or in any fedora list but that isnt a problem isolated to one specific team. Please consider having regular open irc development discussions, post meeting minutes updates, as many of the sub project like extras,ambassadors, infrastructure etc have been doing.

Also the only plan for the GNOME desktop spin (not talking about KDE spin as Rex Dieter is the owner) listed is the detailed spec about fast user switching. Other than the new icon theme, do we have additional things to look at? Telepathy? PulseAudio? There has been several other things discussed in earlier releases and now such as evaluating init replacements, codec buddy, GDM early login, stateless linux. home user backup etc which the team might want to keep track of.

Rahul