Re: Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Josh Boyer wrote:

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
On 1/5/07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

We *already* have both. Beryl is in Fedora Extras currently. With the
merge in place, the only argument is what should be the default and here
is where code quality does matter.

And fedora packager reponse quality as well !

We cant change defaults just because the package maintainers within
Fedora dont respond. The solution to that is to post to this list with
bug reports to check on progress if there is none for a unreasonable
amount of time. This is one of the reasons why I have been advocating
weekly irc development meetings. Raise the issue there and solving it
should make it more transparent.

Careful.  There's lots of bugs that could pop up like that.  Without
some kind of "importance" system, you'll get lots of noise.  For
example, I have a vim bug opened long ago that has just sat there.  Is
it critical?  No.  Is it damn annoying?  Yes.

"Unreasonable amount of time" is subjective.

I have had bugs sit in bugzilla for *years* without any attention. Some bugs seem to get orphaned or assigned to dead people or something and no follow-up is ever performed.

Maybe we need a report that shows the open bugs that have been sitting without update for more than 30/60/90 days.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark