Re: Does Core have an accurate count of packages which are built against libraries from firefox?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
But I just ran into the fact that esc was also affect by the firefox
update by accident.
/usr/lib/esc-1.0.0/xulrunner/xulrunner-bin  links against
libmozjs.so
libxpcom.so
which can't be found by the linker since these are both packages in
the versioned firefox directory tree. My god damn home workstation
died yesterday(merry christmas to me!) so if someone else can bugzilla
this before I get a chance...go right ahead.

This is a serious bug. What the hell is ESC doing packaging an entire copy of every gecko library and shipping with an entire gecko source tree if it's going to rely on the system installed copies? This aside from the fact that ESC using gecko at all is a calamity of an engineering decision, IMO.